Breaking News! Moldova is on the edge of European integration & we want to create a journalism club for Orhei youth where they can learn to express opinions, create impartial & democratic news, and they can learn more about & promote European values. Our youth's voices will be heard in Europe!
This club would allow for collaboration through journalism between the youth of Moldova and the youth throughout all of Europe. Moldova is a small country and with this type of activity, the youth of Orhei can promote the values of Moldova to Europe while promoting the values of Europe to their community and all of Moldova. There is nothing as vast as journalism, and with this tool, there can be a reciprocal learning and understanding between Moldova and the rest of Europe.
The club's duration will be yearly and the success of the club would be demonstrated by the following:
1. There will be 22 youth successfully trained in the areas of journalism.
2. There will be at least 6 trainings or sessions planned for the year.
3. There will be at least 12 publications within the year, through newsletters, articles, and/or blogs.
4. The created material will be distributed at a national and European level through the Facebook page, the center's website, an online bulletin, personal and journalistic blogs, and video blogs.
5. There will be a large-scale event with the radio, television, and print media once a year to promote national & European journalism to the people of Orhei.
Within the year, the club hopes to accomplish the following:
1. Recruit youth through the local schools with information sessions and applications.
2. Instruct the youth in the subjects related to journalism by utilizing local organizations and national partners.
3. Develop and realize activities that practice and hone these learned skills through practical applications within the community such as local interviews, blog posts, and others.
4. Demonstrate these skills at a local, national and international (European) levels by utilizing Facebook, websites, and other international mediums.
5. Promote national and European values and journalism utilizing the developed skills in organized activities and events.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
Orhei is a well-developed city with a lot of activity & many talented & successful people in all areas of expertise. There has also been an effort to promote European values in the educational institutions through various activities organized by these institutions or in collaboration with others.