Stiftung Glyptothek Etsdorf Oberpfalz
A collaborative project, a joint achievement as a symbol of 2,500 years of democracy and for the European Idea. Visible from the European Route E50 Paris-Prague a “Temple of Culture” is being erected on the theme of EUROPE. A forum for creative artists with changing exhibitions and events.
Etsdorf, Oberpfalz, Bayern
The theme of EUROPE is complex and many-facetted and is continuously evolving. It is important to continually observe the progress of this idea. Usually only finances, bureaucracy and politics command center stage. What we are lacking is a venue where those who create culture – artists, musicians, architects, creative minds ... – can express themselves on the subject of EUROPE and display their works. We are in the process of creating this venue – doing so from the bottom up and well away from urban areas. The idea advocated by Beuys of the “Social Sculpture” fits our vision perfectly.
We want to create a permanent home for creativity and for creative artists whose theme is EUROPE. In full view of the European Route E50 Paris-Prague a “Cultural Rest Area” is being created for Europe. The project has been evolving over the last twelve years – and continues to do so – from “the bottom up”. A “Temple of Europe” by citizens for citizens. Making EUROPE visible in a creative way!
- A foundation has been set up
- There is a “Friends of the Temple of Europe” Association and there are many helpers and interested people
- There is a building site and building permission has been granted
- We have already set up a museum for this project in which we present background history, information and references – see TEMPLE MUSEUM Etsdorf
- Spreading the word about our project through the media, events and via our homepage is very important to us
- Temporary exhibitions on specific themes will be held in the TEMPLE MUSEUM
- Company Sponsorship is an important aim
Funding requested from Advocate Europe