We'd love to master and explore the best organizational practices to work for mutual meaningful and fulfilling way for both volunteers and institutions.
Minsk, Belarus, Brest, Belarus, Vitebsk, Belarus
The project uses the theoretical frame of relational aesthetics as defined and proposed by Nicolas Bourriaud as "a set of artistic practices which take as their theoretical and practical point of departure the whole of human relations and their social context, rather than an independent and private space.”
One of the major expected project results would be a constant social inclusion and sustainable public involvement into the contemporary art-cultural processes, broadening it's actor/spectator audience with local community participators, by strengthening the communicational and partnership ties between non-govermental, ecological and cultural fields. Celebrating the values of active citizenship, promotion of volunteer movement and sociental change.
The motives and inspirations that stand beyond the initiative to set the 'School of ArtVolunteer' and changes we'd like to foster are the following:
1) Strengthening the local communities through participatory principles
2) Contributing to the voluteering movement
3) Promoting non-formal education based on first-hand knowledge-experience gaining within the filed of socio-cultural sphere.
4) Rising organizational competences on mastering and managing volunteer programs, researching for best and working practices
5) Establishing a sustainably functioning and productive cultural exchange platform for non-governmental, independent and institutional actors integration of socio-cultural field around the promotion of volunteering.
1) Organizational level – aimed to raise institutional competences on volunteer programs management, meeting professional needs on setting the favourable collaborative environment between volunteer and hosting organization, creating a virtual open public integrative environment to unite institutional actors on youth work, NGOs, ecology activists and arts institutions.
2) Activists interpersonal level – aimed on provision on-going educational trainings for volunteers (interpersonal communication, conflict management, project management). Apart of training series volunteers would be provided by first-hand experience on the area of interest (arts, ecology, social activism) as well as competences to be independent actors, initiating their own projects with on-going org.support.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe