Javier De la Puerta
University of Seville / Department of Communications and Journalism
Bucharest University of Economic Studies
Universidad Complutense Madrid / Political Science Department
If needed, we are in touch with potencial private parters: Instituto de Empresa (IE) in Madrid, and private technology company (advanced semantic software specialists) DINAMIC AREA, in Seville.
Europe cannot integrate with real democracy, as there’s no European “demos” (common identity): no common parties, media or debates. We need a digital platform where ideas (not news, but reflection and analysis) from all media, think tanks and blogs on all issues (politics, economy, environ, gender, religion, society&culture) are selected, summarized (15-20 lines + link), and made accessible as they’re published. Thinking Europe is dispersed. We re-connect it’s neurons in one collective brain.
Seville / Central coordinating team
Info crosses borders readily, ideas rarely. DARE-THINK provides a platform to foster a European flow of ideas, in real time, from all relevant sources in Europe, on all major issues; and all European countries. Connecting ideas fosters debate and new ideas, like a collective brain for democracy.
All "thinking people" in Europe (academics, business execs, gvt officials, journalists, professionals) will have a platform to find all relevant ideas in their field, on their countries of interest, and on Europe. They will know what others think, their thinking will improve, and be more European.
- D-T builds network of European colleges, recruiting best students to search/select ideas in Internet
- Students work together in teams in network to select/debate/vote best articles on all European issues / countries
- Articles summarized in 15-20 lines + link to original
- All articles on any subject/debate posted in DT platform ordered by sections (topic/country)
- With all ideas by experts of all countries/ideologies we write monthly reports by topics/countries with multiple scenarios
I've been working on this for 8 years (since 2009) after a career working in media and political communication. I built DARE-THINK model for 2 years, with several Universities. I believe ideas move the world. Bringing them together can foster debate, understanding at European level.
1) Producers: University students / professors to work in network
2) Sources: media, think tanks and blogs (all who think in the Internet) / We provide flow of readers.
3) Audience: all thinking people in Europe in all professional fields
1) Assesment of significance, relevance and potential of the idea for European democracy. 2) How to structure the University network to function efficiently. 3) Incentives for colleges and students to participate. 4) Can Dare-Think platform of ideas be marketed and be self-sustained?