CulTour is an online portal, that helps tourists all over the world not only visit sights but come really close to the national heritage of the .destination.
In our fast growing globalized world, we often lose our identity and national characters. Portal will help us to have an inside view for the visited country, understand and treasure cultural heritage. It is supposed, that the prototype, beta version will be launched in Armenia. After testing it and getting appropriate results, it can be replicated and implemented in European countries. Moreover, it has all chances to become a world-wide use engine in travel industry that concentrates on national traditions, art and culture.
Promoted national values and enhanced cultural understanding – visitors would know more about the country above the facts they can grasp during the standard sightseeing. They will have an opportunity to find a hidden leisure in local arts, food and drinks preparation, crafts, customs, traditional events … a unique opportunity to embrace a culture in full.
Recurring number of tourists and pro-longed stays due to enhanced entertainment opportunities: tourists like to re-visit places if they feel they can still have a lot to experience. Longer stays could happen due to a desire to master a craft, skill or a language of local origin.
Increased employment and entrepreneurial capacity among the skilled craftsmen, unique personalities, rural population and others engaged.
1.Design and development the CulTour Portal
2. Gathering the data on existing and potential participants/service providers (on-going)
3. Check, analyze, organize their data and upload into the portal
4. Organizing integration with existing tourism portals to mutually benefit from shared data usage
5. Promote portal, market it locally and worldwide
6. Collect feedback and help the service providers adjust their services towards the expectations
Funding requested from Advocate Europe