The Circle for Artists
The Circle for Artists is an international network of artists who help each other to realize their artistic ambitions. With funding we can set-up an association and connect more artists. What unites us is the belief we are all stronger together and art has a responsibility to shape society for good.
Basel, Switzerland, Annecy, France
Europe lacks cohesion, imagination and vision.
Countries are fighting between themselves physically (Russia / Ukraine) and financially (Germany / Greece).
The solution to this is not out there. It is inside each of us.
Peace is not an alien concept that happens in a distant place and can be solved by The EU, The UN or The Red Cross.
It is something that occurs inside each of us every single day.
What we put out is what we get back. Newton’s Third Law (every action has an equal and opposite reaction) works both physically and metaphysically. If we are in conflict inside, we will create conflict outside. If we lack cohesion, imagination and vision, our nations and region will.
We cannot change the world. All we can do is change our world. And art has a crucial role to play in this.
By this time next year, the traditional art world will be taking us seriously.
They will see how we are engaging a broader swathe of the public.
More visionary artists will be members, each bringing with them an increasingly ambitious artistic idea.
Each of these ideas will provoke the viewer to reflect and enquire how they can contribute to society.
Our online forum will be fully developed and conversations about creating and realizing these innovative artistic projects will be occurring online daily across Europe.
More artists will have exhibited in more cities.
We will have started some of our biggest ideas, including creating a contemporary art space that can educate our children how to retain their intrinsic creativity.
And we will have attracted positive media attention.
1. Set up a Swiss Association (Verein)
2. Grow the members, current members come from France, UK, Switzerland, Russia, Ukraine, US and Hong Kong. Our intention is to grow members through an online forum initially inside Europe.
3. Engage a broader spectrum of people in contemporary art – our intention is to involve those people who would not normally go to contemporary art galleries. Art is for everyone, not just a few.
4. Launch more innovative projects. Current ideas include an Online Forum dedicated to helping artists realize their artistic ambitions, an online and offline education program featured on YouTube and at art shows and a new contemporary art space, combined with a school.
5. Exhibit in more cities. This year we will add Cologne, Venice and London to Copenhagen and Moscow.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
We are looking for talented artists who share our vision and have an exciting artistic ambition they would like to bring to The Circle. Let us know if you can contribute. Or do you know other people who would be inspired by our vision and would like to contribute? If so put us in touch.