The system will provide information about air pollution components and their origins in the city in the near real time. The system words due to the participation of the citizens of Chelyabinsk that let to install on their houses/offices and provide support by connecting it to the internet for data transmission. Citizens enable the data gathering that is open for everyone through an interactive website. The data will be used to identify particular locations and air quality.
Chelyabinsk, Krasnoyarsk, Perm, Moskow, Krakow, Paris, Dusseldorf, e.t.c
With the obtained information from CAPMS the project team, participating and engaged citizens will be able to advocate their constitutional rights for the safe environment and influence the air pollution control and regulation policy in their cities
1. we have a civic air pollution monitoring system
2. we have an application to read and present the data in the comprehensive interface
3. we know where the pollution of the air comes from in the near to real time
1) we construct the CAPMS and test it
2) we launch the system and gather data
3) we work out and organise a public campaign for the clean air in Chelyabinsk. For that we will use media (newspaper, radio, TV. internet and social media) and urban space. The idea is to use the negative (but famous) image of the dirty industrial city of Chelyabinsk and to transform in into positive.
We live in an industrial city with a terrible air quality. We want to change this situation for our children.
Young professionals (8) in technics, engineering, IT, PR and communications, meteorology build the core project team that develops CAPMS and project communication strategy.
They are supported by volunteers (20)
Citizens of Chelyabinsk (500 000) by empowering them with data to advocate their right
any feedback and ideas are welcom!