They say, “a picture is worth of thousand words”, but how about the power of movies?
We believe that it is possible to reinforce the local community towards a stronger civil society. Film-making is chosen as the main tool because it will empower people to lighten up the most crucial problems in well-perceived way. Cinema Voice is the best format to attract the attention of the society to the problems of inclusiveness, gender inequity, cultural changes, political and social movements etc.
Cinema Voice will help to identify the most important city/region problems (or achievements) and encourage members of local community to participate in creating healthier civil society. The project will rise the issues of inclusiveness, gender inequity, cultural changes, social movements and so on.
The short movies will become social markers for the politicians, sociologists, educators, and all active community members. The debates and round tables will take place as a consequence of risen social issues and will lead to correction of social and economic program of actions in the region.
1. Participants attraction and selection for the course.
2. Course on "Cinema Voice: film-making" coupled with Civil Education.
3. Independent work of students supervised by experienced film-maker. Short films production (the most interesting aspects of city life, life in community).
4. Festival “Cinema Voice for Civil Society” where the best films will be selected and awarded.
5. Round tables and discussions with the policy-makers, ideas distribution via media to the society.
I was inspired by the idea of Photo Voice as a research method and as a method of empowering people. Every person has creative abilities and aspirations to change the world. Film-making combines cretiveness, freedom of thoughts and associations, and is powerful tool in attitudes changing.
Audience members of all ages, social statuses, and job occupations are welcome, and special attention will be provided towards involving decision-makers at different levels of governance.
Target: decision makers at different levels of governance, entrepreneurs, businessmen, community leaders
Any advice on Films Festival or same event organization