BIRTH: installation belongs to the realm of conceptual art. During a touring exhibition personal birth stories (texts in any language, pictures, videos and soundscapes)are collected throughout the world, placed on one interactive online map, and connected to social media as well.
This project lays emphasis on personal birth stories – subjective, unique micro-histories that add up on the one hand to an idiosyncratic history of a region, culture, habits, rituals, viewpoints and reveal a social, economic and even politic background of the storyteller and the community they are part of; on the other hand the personal birth stories unite all storytellers in the common and unquestionable, inalienable experience of us: that of being born as humans.
- participator culture in enhanced
Through the subjective and emotional relation towards the common and yet very personal experience of each and every human being, BIRTH project aims to:
– outreach and give voice to underrepresented individuals and communities to speak for themselves;
– initiate volunteerism and participation culture for democratic discourse;
– initiate a collaborative artistic discourse to foster empathy;
– disseminate ideas of democracy;
– raise awareness of human rights;
– help developing collaborative networks;
– foster participation and social inclusion;
– offer an endless and ever-renewing resource for remembrance, reflection and development for societies;
– foster inter-disciplinary, intra-sectorial, transnational, intercultural networking
The project has three levels: 1. collection of birth stories and placing them on an interactive map application, 2. nomadic-artistic engagement with the birth stories in which artists relate through participatory, community events with the stories, 3. theory formation through meetings, symposia, call for papers, publications engaging: IT, theory of art, sociology, intercultural studies, geophilosophy, anthropology, etc.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
This is an independent project with an international outlook initiated by a group of theatre professionals, researchers and philosophers. Its aim is to establish a multi- layered platform for cross- cultural co-operation. https://othernessproject.wordpress.com/category/description/