Foundation for Development of Local Activities “Qdowa”
Project „Beyond the borders” aims in real cross border cooperation between Polish and Czech regions: Klodzko and Nachodzko. Even if formal borders are open they still exist in our mentality. We want them to disappear by series of sport and cultural events, language workshops, good websites.
Kudowa Zdrój, Poland, Nachod, Czech Republic, Police nad Metují, Czech Republic
European integration is still not very visible on very basic level of ordinary citizens. We believe that it cannot improved by high level decisions and programs. The pillars of Real Integration are for us better understanding and dialog. Those two elements cannot be achieved if people don’t meet and don’t talk. Our small motherland in large sense – both Polish and Czech regions show us very well challenges which we see in Europe – lack of communication between nations, staying very nationalists, not open enough to go beyond the borders.
Europe need our project to show that we can get people to know each other more and better. We can overcome language obstacles, have fun together, discus, sing, visit each other without fear and finally overthrow our stereotypes.
As a project results we would see better understanding on both sides of both nations. Thanks to the activities in the project local population on border zone would have a chance to meet on cultural and sport events, read and hear more about both sides in medias, people would have a chance to participate in language courses (Polish and Czech) done in various ways, usually not formal, funny because both nations find their languages simply hilarious.
We would like to promote better dialog by inviting Czech artists who have strong links with Poland and Polish artists who are linked with Czech republic. We would like to strengthen dialog by series of events on both sides of border, where Poles and Czechs will MEET and SPEND time together because it is missing nowadays.
1. In cooperation with 2 Check partners organize series of 10 cultural and sport events on both sides of the borders with mixed artists
2. In cooperation with 2 Czech partners organize series of 6 sport events on both sides of the borders
3. In cooperation with one Polish – Czech NGO organize series of language courses (Cz and PL) on both sides of the borders in various, fanny ways (informal education) for different age groups
4. Promote Poland and Czech republic in medias – radio, websites and newspapers
5. Create good website informing about event in the regions in Polish and Czech run by one of the Czech partners
Funding requested from Advocate Europe