10 artists / 10 actions / 10 locations around Europe aiming at getting as many people as possible involved to experience the unique power they hold in their hands, encouraging them to take over their possibilities/ responsibilities in a shared democracy. This is this years theme of the Social Art Award. Through an open call we identify the most promising interventions. Selection is based on quality, innovation, impact; including democratic public voting stage. Actions realized in spring 2019.
10 different locations around Europe, with a vivid mix from metropolis and countryside.
How to become an active participant of democracy - building democracy together - that's the big challenge today. So many people feel powerless and stuck. Thus it is key to approach people through emotionally captivating experiences, making them see and feel that they have the means to create change.
Through 10 actions and digital extension we want to get at least 100.000 people engaged and thus in touch with experiencing their own personal power to action. The second stage of the project will reward initiatives created out of initial artistic trigger. We track KPI's and their outcome.
1. Open Call to Artist through our vibrant artist community and beyond
2. Selection of actions/interventions (including public voting)
3. Implementation of actions (including matchmaking of artists and network partners for support)
4. Open Call for initiatives (resulting from interventions) plus public voting
5. Documentation and Evaluation
x - the whole project is covered through through different communication channels
It is frustrating to see current society/politics. Based on our multidisciplinary skills, we aim to explore new ways to trigger action for change. Art reaches people through emotional captivating experiences, while tech/entrepreneurship extend the reach and enable longtime sustainability.
1. Artists are our intermediates
2. their actions should target different audiences (selection criteria) to guarantee diversity
3. all together we target European citizens, as all of us need to start to take action for change/ action for living democracy
We look for inspirations and cooperations to improve the quality of our work, extend its reach (towards artists and/ or general European public/ or supporters for artists actions = skills and or locations) and explore future collaborations (= other art-innovation projects e.g. based on EU funding).