WerkStadt Kulturverein Berlin e.V.
Every October museums, theatres, galleries and other large and small partners cooperate to create an art education festival. In various European cities there will be a program of workshops, tours and plays, aiming at children and families that so far rarely spend time with artistic activities.
Berlin, Germany, San Sebastian, Spain, 4 provinces, Netherlands
Art education and cultural exchange not only stimulates the curiosity of young (and old) it also brings people together - everyone speaks the language of music, painting, or dancing. This idea is meant to be transferred and exported to other countries.
More than 15 000 children in different European cities will have a closer bond to the artistic life that surrounds them. They will have overcome the inhibitions that previously kept them away from art institutions and realise that the arts can be an easily accessible and fascinating aspect of their own identity. With small artist initiatives as well as major museums and theatres, we aim to show the full spectrum of an urban art world to the city's youngest inhabitants. Thereby a partnership betweeen three participating countries will be enhanced so it can grow to be a Europe-wide initiative in the near future.
- each partner organisation in the three cooperating cities activates its existing network of art institutions
- in all three cities a program will be put together of at least 100 events in the month of October from all genres
- artists, musicians, performers, and actors will introduce the audience to a wide spectrum of art and culture in each city
- the children will pick the contents of their art parkour and discover their talents or interests in the cultural field
- the partners spread the word and help promote the idea to other countries and partners in Europe to make the initiative a truly pan-European festival.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe