"Socio Club" Social and Information NGO
Do you remember old good times when school children made acquaintances by correspondence to other kids? Right.... Networks have changed everything. But may be it is time to recover old good tradition and - who not - also through new technology?!
There is no better way to advocate Europe than through personal contacts and developed friendship. People develop attitudes while sharing experiences. Europe is in the midst of transformations and developing new relations. Building strong networks among people is of vital importance particularly at this time of big transformations in the world. Armenia is also in the midst of transformations. Building strong ties with Europe will add value to its European dimension. This idea can be developed easily to other countries. In case of success it can be adapted and used by other schools in other countries.
We are ready to receive unexpected results from the project. We don't know where the schoolchildren will end up with. May be more contacts with families? May be shared visits? May be just exchange of books, photos and personal drawings? We will variously assign topics for their communication and we will collect the writings. We will hold essay competitions within the project. Our final goal is to have X number of children saying my friend in X country is this. I think this will be the highest achievement of this project. The more children end up in personal contacts, the better will be the achievement of the project. The change we will make is intangible as it relates to shared values and experiences. But it will give results that are important for relations between Armenia and Europe.
Our plan to implement this project is this.
- contact schools in Europe (Western Europe and Eastern Europe)
- communicate our plan and ask for e-mails of schoolchildren who would like to make friends with Armenian students (or, communicate emails of Armenia students to them)
- go to Armenian schools
- promote the idea and distribute the email addresses
-monitor the process
-ask to share about their life, hobbies, friends, families
- ask to write about specific topics as part of essay competition
- ask to share photos, personal drawings or other hand-made stuff
- monitor the process
- keep communication with European schools and kids
- decide on 4 best friends (2 from Europe and 2 from Armenia) to receive awards for visits.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe