"Guarantee" Center of Civil Society NGO
By supporting this project you will support the community women of Armenia to raise their participatory role in community development.
Gyumri, Armenia, Artik, Armenia, Maralik, Armenia
Taking into account the importance of role of women in formation of civil society and democracy development we find it very important to develop the community based women and to strengthen their capacities for improving both their life style and for contributing to the community development.
The key issues to be addressed are as follows:
Discriminatory attitude from society toward women (especially from men)
• Due to intolerance, there is a low level of access to information sources for a successful business available to women
• Lack of resources for women to start their businesses in the regions of Armenia outside Yerevan.
Concrete measurable outputs:
• At least 75% of increased public awareness on women rights and their protection mechanisms
• 30 educated women (including young women) on business planning and management
• 6 women supported for their start up businesses
• Increased public awareness on women's role for community development
• Options generated on how involvement of women in business can affect economic development of the target communities.
1.TV broadcasting: 2 discussion programs will be transmitted during the project on the following topics: Women in political and economic activities; The role of women in community development processes.
2. Business Training
Business trainings will be conducted for women who have registered with the organization. 4-days training sessions will be held in each target village during the project for at least 60 women in total. The topics of the training will include: how to write a business plan, market research, business plans, management skills, tax policy, etc.
2. Small grant facility
12.000 EUR will be distributed during the project with a maximum of 2.000 EUR per person (i.e. 6 successful women's business plans will be supported in total - 2 new businesses in each village).