If we want to have more impact, our projects need a common space for inspiration & support! Through catchy video-interviews WhattheFUND will 1. bring attention to the great projects happening all over Europe & 2. support people through the “funding jungle” and inspire them to get active as well!
Europe is lacking a positive, emotional narrative. What we hear usually conveys a negative, boring, abstract image. Without a positive story to believe in, Europe faces the danger of drifting further apart. Fortunately, there are tons of great stories out there! They simply aren’t told well. We have to make it easier for people and the media to hear these stories!!
Nowadays, inspiration is consumed through channels like www.ted.com or www.whatchado.com. WhattheFUND will use this modern approach of short, simple and personal video-interviews to transport the values of inspiration, transparency and sustainable impact in Europe!
By that we want to show how all those single projects together actually draw a picture of an energetic, optimistic and innovative Europe full of ideas and action!
-A successful prototype including 30 interviews from 4-5 European countries by Spring 2016
- have funding institutions use www.whattheFUND.eu to help their clients orientate themselves
- more first time applications for funding from others than the “usual applicants” (evaluation of the impact WhattheFUND has on new project applicants + developing methods to further tackle this target group)
- a growing amount of people watch the videos
- a growing amount of project leaders want to present their projects on our website
- more media coverage about projects happening in Europe
- more cooperations between project leaders beyond their initial funding budget
- For us: A further cooperation with funding institutions in order to continue, grow the prototype and sustain the platform.
1. Create website (English): videos, comment & search option, “market place of next steps” for project leaders, overview of funding institutions, calendar of application deadlines..., online by Autumn 2015
2. Research and communication with project leaders and institutions/ sponsors to evaluate their needs
3.Travels to 4-5 different countries: at least 30 interviews - clear format to make them comparable: 6-7 same questions, video-/ photo-material of the project, their next steps (to better connect them with others) etc.(eventually + interviews with funding institutions)
4. Strategy for social media (SEO!), PR and performance marketing to address new applicants, link to new scenes and reach more public attention
5. Spring 2016: press conference on the platform & research results
Every single one of the other project leaders could be a potential interviewee for WhattheFUND and we would love to be able to make interviews with as many of you as possible! Also: If you are interested, join us in our project! Or let us know what YOU want to see on www.whattheFUND.eu! :-)