Writing residency for young european screenwriters/directors in an isolated farm in the Vosges mountains.
Plainfaing, Lorraine, France
Films are a powerful medium for the construction of a European Identity while preserving cultural specificities. Recent examples have underlined that films with a strong cultural anchorage are more successful than "euro-puddings" trying to focus on the lowest common denominator.
It is important to give young filmmakers the opportunity to work with other filmmakers from all over Europe : they speak a same language, they have similar fears and they have a lot to share and can benefit from each others.
Very concretely, if the project is selected, a first RE-TREAT session will take place in March and a second one in November 2016.
The success of these first residencies will help us convincing other organization to support us and eventually helping us to spread the concept in other places.
- April-May 2015 : launching of the non-profit organization "AI - Art Initiative" in Brussels, so that it is ready for the 1st of June.
- June - September 2015 : selection of script mentors and refining the programme
- October 2015 : Call for proposal for the first RE-TREAT session in march.
- November 2015 - January 2016 : selection of the projects
- January - March : practical organization of the residency