Youth Association DRONI
Omladinski kulturni centar Herceg Novi
4 countries are involved, but from the coordinating country - Czech republic 2 organizations participate. Last organization - Poland: Fundacja Instytut Spraw Rodziny http://fundacjaisr.pl/
Hate Free Cities is a long-term project connecting 4 cities in 4 countries - Brno, Czech republic, Herceg Novi, Montenegro, Tbilisi, Georgia and Lodz, Poland to become cities without hate speech. We are bringing innovative approaches to learning, education and discussion, targeting high school students, young activists, video artists, experts and media to show that hate and discrimination do not have a place in our public discourse.
Brno, Czech republic, Lodz, Poland, Herceg Novi, Montenegro, Tbilisi, Georgia
During the previous year, due to the social tension, political conflicts, migration and religious fundamentalism the phenomenon of “hate speech” which covers all forms of expression which promote hatred, xenophobia and all forms of intolerance based on discrimination of minorities and people of migrant origins, became more than urgent to be combated all around Europe and in the local communities as well. We are doing this project to connect our powers and think globally and act locally.
We are aiming to raise an efficiency of the local activities fighting against hate speech and hate in all its forms, especially those that are targeting young people using the experience of trained "No Hate Ambassadors". We want to develop educational activities in our cities and our countries to innovate the concept of anti-hate speech learning and implement it at the high schools and promote it also in the round tables and find common strategies with city representatives, experts and media.
We are planning 6 main activities to make our cities hate free:
1. Coordination meetings (Czech rep.)
2. Roundtables > inviting local authorities, activists, artists, journalists, businessmen, schools etc. to support the endeavor of No Hate Speech Ambassadors in creating a Hate Free City
3. Hate Free Cities Video Competitions - open call > collecting short videos about hate speech and using them as learning tool during the education campaign
4. Education campaigns > workshops/debates/info sessions on No hate speech with youngsters (lecturers will have also special short training to become future No Hate Speech ambassadors - multipliers)
5. Evaluation meeting & planning future actions (Montenegro)
6. Hate Free Cities booklet - manual sharing best practices, disseminating results
Our direct target group are young people - high school students who are vulnerable to take different roles in hateful expressions but also young people who want to become no hate speech activists themselves. Our indirect target group are local authorities, local media, teachers and all the community representatives who are contributing to the public discourse.
It would be great to hear more ideas how different cities or initiatives address the topic of hate speech. How do you fight against intolerance and discrimination?