How to learn to read&write? How to learn a foreign language? Those are challenges for all students on their different levels. Boys. Girls. Native speakers. Refugees. Blind. Deaf. With learning difficulties. Without. Rich. Poor. Young people. Old people. Everyone.The proposed idea is to create a visual dictionary. Free. For everyone. As an Open Educational Resource it can be used by teachers to create materials which meet the needs of their students.Everybody else can use the app or the database.
Learning to read, write and speak a (foreign) language is a tough job for everyone. The idea is to create inclusive open educational materials to help teachers and students (regardless of age, gender and ability) to succeed doing so.
Create an open visual dictionary, that is useful for all students to learn their mother tongue or a foreign language and will be published under a free license and therefore can be used by anyone to create even more.
Beside the initial idea, the free nature of the project makes it possible, that everyone can build on this projects achievements either non-profit or commercial.
- find out which words are actually relevant for students with different backgrounds
- create a database of those words with multiple additional information and most important images
- create apps and enable teachers to create individualized paper&pencil-materials building on this database
- get ready to add more and more languages
- students with all kinds of backgrounds (age, gender, ability, class, cultural background, refugees)
- teachers, who want to adress the diversity in their classroom