Based on a research on existing types of borders (e.g. historical, cultural, natural) maps are generated, which will be presented in a touring exposition to a broad audience, aiming to create public awareness, increase cross-border thinking and acting over the political national borders.
Austria, Germany, Italy
To achieve the aim of a common and united Europe, a widespread European exchange of ideas must arise. This should happen in the mind of the people and not only at official level and on official papers. Therefore a project like ours, which initiate and fosters the "European thought" is of crucial importance for a stronger and peaceful Europe. The peculiarity of our project and idea is that we don't try to instruct the visitors or indoctrinate them by showing e.g. positive examples of Europe. Our project initiates an thinking process, which is the only way for sustainable solutions.
During one year we will have initiated a lot of thinking processes. Our exhibition confronted a broad public with new graphical illustration of peoples regions. Existing borders are reflected and new commonalities with the neighbour and other regions in Europe are found by the visitor. By watching the interviews the visitor recognized that in the diversity of the regions and the people of Europe one can find many similarities.
The project will be organized in five work packages;
- WP 1: Fundamental research work and organization of exhibitions (locations, regions etc.) – duration 2 month
- WP 2: Creation of maps, field work (interviews, expert interviews) and – duration 3 month
- WP 3: Creation of folder and medial preparation – duration 1 month
- WP 4: Exhibitions in selected regions – duration 5 month
- WP 5: Summarize experiences of the project and preparation of sequel association projects – duration 1 month