Electric Theatre Workshop
What happens when you bring 60 European performers together? What happens when you bring 60 European performers together to make ONE piece of performance?
Dumfries, Carlisle, United Kingdom
Europes performance heritage is rich and vibrant, but we seldom get opportunities to come together and share our work outside of Festivals. At these festivals we are concerned about our own work - whereas this offers us an opportunity to share work together and learn more about each other by working with each other. This could be a collective model of working that can work accross other sectors. Essentially - this is a creative call of action which will be shaped by the people who are there.
Firstly we will make work together, but if there were opportunities for us to develop some other networks, projects or different ideas in the future, it would be a good outcome. The concept is to make something together, but also to develop some long lasting partnerships for the future. People who can help each other connect communities to each other throughout Europe. Sitting in seminars is one thing - but when we can manufacture something together - it offers different perspectives to understanding each other.
* Initiate a call to each country on a search for two very interesting emerging performance artists who can take part in the work (probably through National Theatre agencies) and begin the recruitment of contributing artists. Selection would be on diversity of live arts practise
* Recruit specialists who can support everybody to develop new skills as part of the project, and a lead creative team who can support the project realisation
* Plan the creative, residential and rehearsal period for the contributing artists, and include additional funding streams that can make the work exciting and bold. Think about ways we can distribute the work digitally
* Deliver the rehearsal and intensive period, and present the work
* Find some way to evluate the process and develop some actions.