“Free Citizen” Civic Initiatives Support Center
Beauty will save the world. Overcoming religious and ethnic prejudices and stereotypes in Europe through encouraging sympathy towards the ordinary, but very attractive representatives of different European peoples/ethnic groups, including those national minorities without their own state formations.
Eastern Partnership region, EU, Russia
This project will help gradually eliminate boundaries and the "Berlin Wall" in the minds of representatives of different peoples in Europe and, in particular, in its eastern part. This idea can bring closer different Europeans to each other. It differs from many others in that it appeals to the beauty and uses it as a strong argument for love, sympathy and against hatred.
Implementation of this project will also be a peculiar response to the dissemination of xenophobic propaganda tendency in Russia and some EaP countries, networking-for those who want peace and love.
This project can and, we hope, will be spread further among all other peoples of Europe, and will and will eventually expand on other continents. The social media gives us this possibility.
At the end of the Project we will have a web-site with uploaded photos of the 300 selected young people from the 30 ethnic groups of EaP region and Ruhr area, and will demonstrate their short answers in questionnaire on common issues and global challenges. Finally, thanks to the PR-company, it is expected that the new website will have at least 50,000 visitors from all over Europe (including the EaP region) and Russia.
We believe that the sympathy towards the ordinary, but very attractive representatives of different European ethnic groups can significantly increase the level of tolerance to each other in a thousands alleged visitors of the site which would assuage the acuteness of the conflicts where they are and help prevent potential conflicts there, where such a possibility exists.
- Develop a trial web site and lay out there preliminary photos and responses to the questionnaire of 10 young Armenians in the section "Armenians";
- Announce on social networks the competition to receive the photos for the site. We are ready to cooperate with “Advocate Europe” in the preparation of the jury, which will select 5 photos for each of 10 most handsome contestants (5 male and 5 female) per 30 ethnic categories;
- Photos of the selected participants will be handled by a professional designer and exhibited on the site, along with short "interview" during the completion of the competition in each of the categories;
- Already developed web-site promotion.
- Live presentation of the web-site in the one of the Ruhr area cities (e.g. Dortmund).