Association for Development LEDA
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Farming and agriculture are the source of food, health and a tool against poverty. Artists are the soul of society. We want to make these two branches work together.
Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The main value of this project is that it is possible and useful to use old methods such as work and agriculture to solve new age problems, but we need to collaborate and care about each other, without seen geography or sectors as barriers.
This project creates and relies on the synergy of ordinary people; it relies on humanity, empathy and will to work and communicate and express. Families form Bosnia and Germany, as well as artists could as well be any other families from any other part of the world. Everyone benefits here: there is agricultural production, chances for sales and export, chances to aim altruism usefully, to buy healthy organic foods, chances to inspire art.
Governments, NGOs and citizens all can potentially be involved.
We expect the following outcomes:
- At least 10 families poor from BiH advanced initiated their agricultural production;
- At least one NGO from Ruhr area identified as a communication partner to help reach the targeted families from Ruhr area;
- At least 5 artist from BiH and 5 from Ruhr area involved with the project and created artwork in relation to the project;
- Artwork related to project presented to at least 10 families from Ruhr area;
- Communication between Bosnian and Ruhr families enabled and realized with the focus on possible visits, purchase of products and collaboration
Realization period: June 2015 - November 2016.
- include the local authorities - the Zenica city;
- announce the public call for identification of beneficiaries;
- initiate and agricultural production by providing greenhouses/seedlings/irrigation systems to the selected families
- provide consulting and monitoring for selected families, by agronomist;
- make collaboration with at least one Ruhr area NGO;
- Inform citizens in Ruhr area about the project, identify interested families;
- Identify Bosnian and German artists via the public call (online media and direct contacts)
- Organised visits for the selected artists to the Bosnian families;
- Monitor the creation of artwork;
- Furnish and monitor presentation of artwork in the Ruhr area, ensure communication
We would like advice about possibilities for acquiring additional funding for this project, for continuation, or covering more regions. However, every advice is welcome.